History

In 1965 the 1820 Settlers Memorial Museum was funded and build by the Cape Provincial Administration. Today this building is known as the History Museum and is the second largest building in the Albany Museum family. It houses three art galleries, three cultural history galleries and the research and curatorial staff offices. Most of the exhibitions are of a didactic nature.